Sunday, June 26, 2011

Spotify Playlist: RA Top 100 Albums 2000-2009

I've recently got hooked on Spotify, (having just streamed every track on my Lovesick summer special from the service) thanks to the recommendation of a friend. This friend happens to be from Norway, close to the origins of the music service in Sweden. It's delightful to use and if Ireland gets on board it'll be nothing short of marvellous. To thieve from Wikipedia...

Spotify is a Swedish DRM-based music streaming service offering streaming of selected music from a range of major and independentrecord labels, including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group, and Universal.[3][4] Launched in October 2008 by Swedish startup "Spotify AB", the service had approximately ten million users as of 15 September 2010;[5] about 1,000,000 of which were paying members.[6] The service is, as of May 2011, only available in Finland, France, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the UK.

Thank heavens for my British bank account. Anyway, I've published my first mammoth playlist based on the Resident Advisor Poll: Top 100 albums of the '00s. I hadn't heard of half the artists and thought it'd be mad decent to put together a playlist for folks like me. It's missing one track, by Shed, despite my best efforts, and there are a few substitutions by artists where nothing from the album was available. If you have Spotify, feel free to click here and catch up on a helluva-lot of recent electronic music, like I did this afternoon.